TECHNICAL DATA SHEET:
P.U.Base Topcoats:-All shades
Type: Two Pack Air Drying Type.
Composition:Acrylic Resin & Aliphatic Isocyanate Cured.
Mixing Ratio: Base : Hardner---4:1
Thinner Addittion: 15-20% of mixed paint.
Shelf Life: 12 mths.
Pot Life: 4—5Hrs
Application: Conventional Spray or Airless Spray only.
Uses: On Epoxy/P.U. Primered Jobs only. It gives very good Aesthetic Finish and Chemical Resistance.It has very good U.V.Resistance and so it can be used for Export jobs also.
Sr.No. Properties Specifications
1) Colour As per requirement.
2) Appearance Glossy/Semi Glossy/Matt & Smooth
3) Specific Gravity 1.15---1.25Kg/L.
4) Viscosity 90---110Secs in Ford CupB4(at 30to35D.C.)
5) Covering Capacity 85—95Sq.Ft./L. per coat
6) D.F.T. 30—40 microns per coat
7) Drying Time:
a) Touch Dry 1--2 Hrs.
b) Surface Dry 4---6Hrs
c) Hard Dry 12—16Hrs.
8) Overcoat Interval 16—20Hrs.
9) Scratch Hardness Up to 3 Kg.wt.
10) Flexibility No cracking of film at 180 degrees.
11) Thinner Recommended EpoxyThinner/P.U.Thinner.
12) Resistance Properties Water, Humidity,Mild Acids &
Directions For Use: The surface to be painted has to be properly free of rust,grease,water,etc.The P.U.Topcoat has to be mixed thoroughly and then mixed with hardner in 4:1 ratio. 25%--30% Epoxy/P.U. Thinner has to be mixed with the mixture and stirred properly before spraying.
After painting the job has to be kept for airdrying in a dry, dust free environment.
Painted jobs are to be tested only after 72Hrs. Airdry.
Precautions:1)The painting has to be done at a uniform air pressure of 25-35lbs.
2) The containers are to be kept airtight after use.
3) The epoxy primer has to be applied before application of finish paint.
4) Application should be done in open dry weather,but avoid windy climate.
5) Use mask while painting.