TECHNICAL DATA SHEET:
Epoxy Base Zinc Ph.Grey Primer.
Type: Two Pack Polyamide Cured Epoxy Primer
Composition:Epoxy Resin & Polyamide Cured.
Application: Conventional Spray or Airless Spray only.
Special Characteristics:- Epoxy Primer,Universally applicable on M.S. Substrates like Structurals and Sheet Metal Jobs,etc.
Very Good Corrossion Resistance,Quick Drying.
Uses: On M.S. Fabricated Jobs, Structures, Railings,Furniture,etc. for High Chemical Resistance,etc. It can be over coated with Enamels, Epoxy and Polyurethane Topcoats.
Recommended Substrate :-Sand Blast to ISO—Sa21/2. Blasting Profile—25—45mic.
Conditions and Tempratures:-Substrate Temp. should be above 200C and
Below 600C. and zero humidity.
Sr.No. Properties Specifications
1) Colour Grey
2) Appearance Matt & Smooth
3) Specific Gravity 1.25---1.35Kg/L.
4) Viscosity 90--110Secs in Ford CupB4(at 30to35D.C.)
5) Covering Capacity 85—95Sq.Ft./L. per coat
6) D.F.T. 35—50 microns per coat
7) Drying Time:
a) Touch Dry 35--60 mins.
b) Surface Dry 2Hrs---4Hrs
c) Hard Dry 20—24Hrs.
8) Overcoat Interval 20—24Hrs.
9) Scratch Hardness Up to 3 Kg.wt.
10) Flexibility No cracking of film at 180 degrees.
11) Thinner Recommended EpoxyThinner
Directions For Use: Mixing Ratio By Volume:-Base:Hardner—3:1
Thinner Addittion:-Up to 25—30%of Mixed Paint.
Pot Life:-Up to 6Hrs. at 25—350C and 3Hrs at 30—500C.
The surface to be painted has to be properly free of rust,grease,water,etc.The Epoxy primer has to be mixed thoroughly and then mixed with hardner in 3:1 ratio. 25%--30% Epoxy Thinner has to be mixed with the mixture and stirred properly before spraying.
After painting the job has to be kept for air drying in a dry, dust free environment.
Painted jobs are to be tested only after 72Hrs. Airdry.
Precautions:1)The painting has to be done at a uniform air pressure of 25-35lbs.
2) The containers are to be kept airtight after use.
3) The Epoxy Primer has to be mixed thoroughly before each use.
4) Application should be done in open dry weather,but avoid windy climate.
5) Use mask while painting.