TECHNICAL DATA SHEET:
P.U. Base Primers:-All shades
Type: Two Pack Air Drying Type.
Composition:Acrylic Resin & Isocyanate Cured.
Mixing Ratio: Base : Hardner---4:1
Thinner Addittion: 25-30% of mixed paint.
Shelf Life: 12 mths.
Pot Life: 4—5Hrs
Application: Conventional Spray or Airless Spray only.
Uses: On M.S. Fabricated Jobs, Structures, Railings,Furniture,etc. for mild chemical resistance,etc. It can be overcoated with Polyurethane topcoats.
Sr.No. Properties Specifications
1) Colour As per requirement.
2) Appearance Matt & Smooth
3) Specific Gravity 1.25---1.35Kg/L.
4) Viscosity 75---85Secs in Ford CupB4(at 30to35D.C.)
5) Covering Capacity 85—95Sq.Ft./L. per coat
6) D.F.T. 25—35 microns per coat
7) Drying Time:
a) Touch Dry 15--25 mins.
b) Surface Dry 1Hrs---3Hrs
c) Hard Dry 12—16Hrs.
8) Overcoat Interval 16—20Hrs.
9) Scratch Hardness Up to 3 Kg.wt.
10) Flexibility No cracking of film at 180 degrees.
11) Thinner Recommended EpoxyThinner
12) Resistance Properties Water, Humidity,Mild Acids &
Directions For Use: The surface to be painted has to be properly free of rust,grease,water,etc.The P.U. Primer has to be mixed thoroughly and then mixed with hardner in 4:1 ratio. 25%--30% Epoxy/P.U. Thinner has to be mixed with the mixture and stirred properly before spraying.
After painting the job has to be kept for airdrying in a dry, dust free environment.
Painted jobs are to be tested only after 72Hrs. Airdry.
Precautions:1)The painting has to be done at a uniform air pressure of 25-35lbs.
2) The containers are to be kept airtight after use.
3) The epoxy primer has to be mixed thoroughly before each use.
4) Application should be done in open dry weather,but avoid windy climate.
5) Use mask while painting.