TECHNICAL DATA SHEET:
Bituminous Black Primer :-
Type: Single Pack Air Drying Type.
Composition: Alkyd and Bituminous Based.
Thinner Addittion---25-30% of Paint
Shelf Life: 12 mths.
Application: Conventional Spray or Brush or Dipping.
Uses: On Pretreated M.S. Fabricated Jobs,Water Tanks,Pipes, Structures, Railings,Furniture,etc.
Sr.No. Properties Specifications
1) Colour Reddish Black
2) Appearance Matt
3) Specific Gravity 1.25---1.35Kg/L.
4) Viscosity 100---105Secs in Ford CupB4.
5) Covering Capacity 85—95Sq.Ft./L. per coat
6) D.F.T. 35—55 microns per coat
7) Drying Time:
a) Touch Dry 2--4 Hrs.
b) Surface Dry 6--8Hrs.
c) Hard Dry 16—20Hrs.
8) Overcoat Interval 20—24Hrs.
9) Scratch Hardness Up to 1 Kg.wt.
10) Flexibility No cracking of film at 180 degrees.
11) Thinner Recommended G.P. Thinner/Enamel Thinner
Directions For Use: The surface to be painted has to be pretreated properly. The Bitumen Primer has to be mixed thoroughly before application. 25-30% G.P.Thinner or Enamel Thinner has to be mixed with the Primer and stirred properly before spraying.
After painting the job has to be kept for airdrying in a dry, dust free environment.
Painted jobs are to be tested only after 72Hrs. Airdry.
Precautions:1)The painting has to be done at a uniform air pressure of 25-35lbs.
2) The containers are to be kept airtight after use.
3) The Primer has to be mixed thoroughly before each use.
4) Application should be done in open dry weather,but avoid windy climate.
5) Use mask while painting.